Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #271
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Pride goeth before the fall...….

Feeling extremely confident that the drivers side vent window assembly would be a little easier since I had just finished the passenger side...I started on the drivers side today.

Not a whole bunch of parts on these things so..not too hard Right? Well looks like I was wrong.....It appears that this one will be a little more challenging because when I took out the vent window and started sanding on it wellllll the ole vent window frame decided that it not longer needed to be attached to the window...guess their 53 yr relationship was over...I think the window wanted to see other people...LOL

On the bright side this will help not having to tape off the window when painting the frame...lol...it aint funny..lol

The only part that was really stuck was the bottom part ...guess due to the rusted area.

So now Im gonna have to learn how to install this vent window glass into the frame....I have window setting tape that I bought to do the side windows...Only real area of concern for me is the tight radius at the bottom.

So I put some POR15 on the inside of the window track and on the mounting areas where it attaches to the door
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote