View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #6
BossHogg69
motor exploder

Re: Hotchkis Stage 1 TVS or Ridetech Street Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie1998 View Post
I guess neither of these kits are used much on these trucks. I see that the ECE 4/6 drop kit is highly recommend. Does it noticibly improve handling? Would the ECE kit with front and rear sway bars improve the cornering? Again, I’m not looking to race this truck but I would like it to handle well.
I have the better part of the full Hotchkis TVS kit on my '69. Their springs, front & rear sway bars, upper & lower A-arms & swivel max trailing arm bushings. I did not use their panhard bar setup or shocks.

Their sway bars are great and I liked their springs too, but their rear springs were a little too stiff for my combination @ 380#/in. I believe thats the rate of the factory springs, but I have not personally tested a factory spring to determine that - if anyone knows for sure, please post it up. I'm running a big block with over 700#/ft of torque, and the stiff springs just blew the tires off at any speed. But, you could sling it into a turn (and I don't cut my truck ANY slack) and the front tires planted with no problem. It was just that I couldn't power out of turn with much throttle. I had a set of rear springs custom wound with a lower rate and the same 6" drop, but have yet to drive the truck since I installed them. They may not be any better, but I had to try something else to try and get the rear tires to hook.

The quality of the Hotchkis stuff is very nice, and I'm sure the RideTech stuff is very nice as well. Please keep us posted on whatever you decide and let us know how it drives.

1969 Chevy CST/10 stepside, DART Big M/TREMEC Magnum Extreme/3.73's w/Detroit Truetrac
1965 Chevy Bel Air Wagon (daily driver), 327/TH350,10 bolt w/3.08's
1961 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, ZZ454/M21/9" rear w/3.50's & Detroit Truetrac
2005 GMC 1500 ccsb 2wd, 6.0L/4L65e/3.73 G80
2006 GMC 2500HD ccsb 4x4, DMax LBZ/Allison 6spd/4.56's w/Detroit TrueTrac

Use the SEARCH function on this forum - it is your friend!!
BossHogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote