View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #9
95 S_Trucker

Re: Did you ever meet a Chevy you wish you hadnt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I can honestly say all the Chevys I have owned have done nothing but support the faith I have in them and the reasons I made the decision I made to go with them after having dumb problems and parts nightmares with other marks.

I can't speak for anything newer than a '99 S10 ZR2. The only thing I didn't like about that one was what I wouldn't like about any vehicle built in the last 25+ years. Hard to get to things for some of the simplest repairs. Routine service included. It all started with the first oil change... little thing stuffed in there sideways only accessible through the fender well impossible to remove w/o drizzling oil. Note to auto engineers: The spin-on oil filter, as well as it's predecessor the cartridge-type, were designed to mount vertically.
Those filters are great. You open a little trap door in the skid plate and there is access. And if you put a bucket under it, there's no mess. It's sure better than oil running down the side of the engine or onto a crossmember.

The only maintenance item I don't like on 4wd s10s is #3 spark plug. The ZR2 was easier than the regular 4wd.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote