View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #28
EagleChief

Re: EagleChief's 1971 Build Thread

Also got my water pump replaced on Saturday. Everything started out great. Got the belt off, fan off, old water pump off - no issues. Sized up both pumps to each other and noticed the new one had a port in the top of it - I'm guessing for a heater hose. Well, mine is hooked into the manifold, and this new pump didn't have a plug for it. So, make a trip to the parts store to see if they have one that will fit. Turns out, I had ordered a different water pump. Luckily they had the one I needed in stock, swap them out and saved me $5.00 for the different one!

Got the new pump home, and it bolted right up. I hooked everything back up and added new coolant. I jacked up the front end to help get all of the air bubbles out, along with squeezing the radiator hoses several times. Squeeze a hose, add coolant, squeeze a hose, add coolant, squeeze the other hose, add coolant, ... you know the drill. Fired the truck up for a few minutes to let the truck work any more air bubbles out, but not long enough to get up to temp (that's for today). I checked the coolant again after the pressure released and it was still topped off.

I'm going to try and shuffle vehicles around this evening so I can hopefully drive it around tonight, top it off with gas, and - *cross my fingers* - drive it to work tomorrow.
EagleChief is offline   Reply With Quote