View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 10:14 PM   #206
Super_Dave

Re: 1974 C20 Soon to become a project...

Well, the door deal didn't happen. The seller, who had the ad listed on CL for over a month, apparently decided not to sell the door and became a ghost. No dig deal, as after I got down there, we wrestled the wing window in good enough to get the screw holes to line up. I will deal with it more, after I get it back to my shop.

I looked over the '90 Blazer electric mirror problems and the glass on both mirrors was damaged. One shattered from a pointed object impact and the other seriously scratched. I have tried replacing the mirrors in the first set of used mirrors that I got hosed on from AZ, and they just don't fit like OEM.

So, If I decide to actually do this modification down the road, I will be ordering a full set of new mirrors online... most likely imports, but I am tired of messing with Pick-N-Pull mirrors. The damage to this last batch occurred at the current shop but I didn't want to get into a pissing match 100 miles from home.

The guys actually cut the $150 Blazer Harness to install it! Didn't call first. . . kinda pissed me off. They didn't get it installed because the drivers side harness connector was male and the passenger side connector was female. . . and both mirror connectors are male. . . have to research what I bought from a forum member and try to get the right connector for the passenger side.

Got the windshield delivered and had all new door weatherstripping ordered to arrive last Friday.

The Flat Black LMC mirrors actually look a lot better than I thought they were going to look. Decided to leave the metal housings and trim Flat Black. I think it will look nice against the gloss paint.

The hood looks really nice and is ready to bolt on, along with the stiffeners to prevent potential bending of the hood down the road.

The door panels are cleaned up, repaired and painted black. I will be using a Flat Black on the wood trim inserts.

The flip down license plate and pop-up gas cap was just getting mocked-up. Looks like it's going to work without any major surgery.

I am seriously considering ordering a '77 grille insert. I am told by most distributors, that I need to notch the top of the grille insert to make room for the hood release. I like that the '77 has fewer "egg crate" openings and that the insert is more flush with the front of the hood and trim and not recessed. I am not sure what all is involved with this mod, and if the mounting holes are the same count and line up. . . would love to hear from someone who has done this swap and see some photos.

Got down there and my 35MM Digital Camera had two dead batteries, so I was left with my military grade flip phone. Below are a few photos I was able to take before heading back home.

The truck bed was dusty and fingerprinted pretty good from the install. The carpet is laying down nice and the sound deadener went down great. New threshold trim is on order and will finish of the work on the floor.
Attached Images

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote