View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #15
homemade87

Re: New calipers and now brake problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
Hi Sabaka,
Thanks for responding. Yes, calipers are on correct side, bleed screw is facing up. Have not take off the rear drum as there is no signs of leaks. The wheel cylinders are approximately 4 years old along with the master.

The brakes were working fine prior to the caliper replacement, how would it go bad just from replacing calipers? I don't know much about brakes in general so all help and knowledge is appreciated. If it is bad, guess I could do the late model MC swap??

Ben
how would it go bad just from replacing calipers?

This is a good question . I usually use common sense when I have a fail after I just touched something . 9 times out of 10 its usually something I have done .
The one thing that can happen is the fluid can leak low enough that the master an suck in air when the pedal is depressed if not paying close attention to the level when dissembled . If this happens the master will have to come off and bench bleed . The master is a step down type on your 86 and they are a real pain to get the air out .

I would hold off on the prop valve . Most likely not the problem . Take the master off and get some bleed fittings and hose and bleed the master .

Bleed , bleed , and bleed some more . Bleed it at a angle both ways as well . I cant stress enough how hard the step master is to get all the air out .

I believe in you situation this is most likely the problem . I would try this first as it does not cost anything to do . After that bleed both sides completely so any air that made it in the lines can travel to the caliper and escape .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote