View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 12:00 PM   #40
jocko

Re: New 2001 in the barn :)

Really nothing at all - it was clearly very well cared for and kept indoors (in MN) all those years. I went thru everything and changed all the fluids and filters, internal and external on the Allison, belts etc even though everything still looked pretty new. I always keep a belt behind the seat just in case as well, so I stuck the original back there. Runs like a champ - but now I’m in that stupid middle ground where it’s SO nice that I find myself driving my other 2001 as much as always, stretching every last ounce of life from it - waiting to the last possible second before I have to start racking up daily miles on the “new” 2001. Ha. It’s stupid, I know, but I may squeeze another 100k out of my “old” 2001. By then the new one will really seem like low mileage - but by then they may have replaced all gas pumps with electric charging stations, so maybe I better start enjoyin it now. It still has the brand new car feel that my old 2001 had 18 years ago. I can’t say it has the new car smell though - po smoked in it. Almost have the stink out at this point. It took a while and a lot of home remedies to get rid of it but it’s worth it.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote