View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 04:36 AM   #52
watahyahknow

Re: 1958 Chevy 60 Viking

just found the project , im from haarlem btw , i might be interested in the 6 inline after you done the engine swap
i got a c10 they converted to a v8 problem is they never changed it on the registration and they changed the cab without transferring the vin (over here chassisnumber is vin but they do check if they match ) so i be 2/3ths changed (over here they alow only the chassis or the drivetrain or the body to be changed / replaced by other same model stuff and the truck still seen as original)
so i would be illegal in therms of being an oldtimer truck and have to pay roadtax again )
so rather than going through the rdw (dmv) **** i rather change the engine before getting the truck recertified within the 1/3th change alowed rule
the reason they made this rule :
over here in the yeah olden days cars and trucks older than 25 years where considered oldtimers and where exempt from roadtax
smart people figured out that if the replaced oldtimer landrover bodies and drivetrains with the newer 4 door landrover bodies and drivetrains that fitted straight on a oltimer chassis they had basicly new cars but didnt had to pay roadtaxes for and started converting them on a pretty large scale , so the rdw gotten wize and changed the rules

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 03-02-2019 at 04:52 AM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote