View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #22
RustyPile

Re: Help with dash lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalkracker View Post
I had the parts store order me a few sockets since a few were in bad shape and broken. They are only a buck a piece so no big loss. I will have them tomorrow. I replaced the bulbs with some led's since i have a bag of them already. Cant see what they look like yet though because its too bright outside. If i dont like them i will get the filament type. I already polished everything on the printed board so i should be good to go with that. I think when i hit the turn signal i did not get an indicator lit up but cant confirm that right now. Once i get home i will mess with it some more.
As I stated before, Let's tackle and solve one problem at a time.. Get the dash (gauge illumination) lights working properly, then we'll move on to the turn signals..

This is just my opinion on LEDs.. Personally I don't like them, but to each his own.. I'd suggest you get all the lights working with conventional incandescent bulbs first. Sometimes certain LEDs can be problematic.. Get the circuits working first, then make the switch to LEDs.. This could prevent a lot of "tail chasing" on your part..

I'll be spending a lot of time today working on my truck.. However, I'll periodically check in on your progress..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote