View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 09:16 PM   #1
vortech71chevy

Bagged LCA arm modification question

I tried numerous searches about this and came up with nothing, so figured a new thread was in order- forgive me if its been discussed and I didnt find it.

Im a newb to bagged suspensions- this is my first ever actually. Complete frame off on a 67 SWB and finishing out the frame, and i have the rear all buttoned up. The rear bags are bolted to the trailing arms and bolted to the frame with no cups. I have moved to the front and have the upper bag mounts installed and am mocking it up, intending to mark the LCA’s for cupping. I was looking at things and got to thinking, why do i need to cup the lowers 2.5 inches for a cup bolted to the bag? It seems i could drop it less, saving the scrub line issue, and bolt the bag straight to the LCA? Has this been done? Is there any reason why it couldnt be done? Im thinking of doing a large square recession maybe an inch down and bolting the bag right to it.

Thanks in advance guys!
"We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." Ronald Reagan
vortech71chevy is offline   Reply With Quote