View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #7
jimcol

Re: 1949 resto mod new project

I guess the moderators have this in the right area now. I plan on up dating this project two or three times a week and will respond to all questions and input as they come in.
Right now I have the Mark 8 IRS setting under the truck but won't start the installation till I install the Mustang 2 front cross member. I am currently waiting for the cross member to come in and am ordering a new front cross member / radiator support. The original support is cracked and rusted through in places.
This rear suspension looks like it is going to be a lot easier to install than I thought it would be. The lower shock mount on the lower control arm is a straight shot up to the frame rail and the air bag upper mount will easily mount to the frame without cutting the frame. I will have to clearance the frame for the upper control arm. I also intend to box the frame in too.
I have one question someone here might be able to answer. This truck has the old knee shock absorbers on the front. I have never seen these on this late of a truck. I will enclose a photo. Did Chevrolet have these from the factory in '49? Just curious. Thanks and I'll keep you posted
Attached Images

jimcol is offline   Reply With Quote