View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 12:05 AM   #43
1972C10
Account Suspended

When i was younger around 8 or 9 ish My uncle bought a 72 LWB stepside Custom 10 from the original owner

Wasnt the best truck in the world but he drove it everywhere like people drive there comuter cars so that kinda hooked me into them

Around the time i was 13 i was cutting grass and saving money and traded and bought a 1972 LWB Fleetside Custom 10 with a supposed "Blow Head Gasket"
Well the guy i got it from had taken the heads to get rebuilt and never picked them up so i needed heads for awhile and eventually scored a set of 993s that someone had left at a machine shop just about got ready to put them on untill i was under the truck one night and noticed a 9 inch long crack on the block so i pulled it had the numbers ran come to find out it was a 305 supposed to have been a 350

so the truck sat for several years and when i turned 16 a good friend lent me 1000 to get a new engine well i found a clean running driving 72 LWB fleetside Custom 10 with power steering

Drove it from aug-dec and motor blew had a cracked head and busted a piston between the valve reliefs I put an engine in it in late dec of 98 and have put three engines in it since Each one a litlte better than the prior.

Made it A SWB and have owned 4 67-72s since then For a total of 5 Kinda started it all
1972C10 is offline   Reply With Quote