View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #10
bmxbang

Re: the dreaded brake bleeding thread for a 71 C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMars45000 View Post
This... I would "bench" bleed master first, the reinstall lines and bleed normally with a 2 person method (One pumps pedal, one cracks bleeder, starting the farthest from the M/C, working to the closest. The only vehicles this has NOT worked on for me are vehicles with ABS that sometimes need to have have the ABS pump bled with a scan tool.

Only other thought, the master have been known to fail after sitting for a long period of time or being asked to operate outside of their normal stroke range. If you have an older master that may have some internal corrosion, but it is using consistently, the master cylinder piston keeps a tie, corrosion free area worn in the bore. Then you need to bleed the brakes and ask the master cylinder piston to drag itself over the corrosion because your are making the piston go full stroke, and the old brittle seal can give up the ghost.
I'm thinking something like this may have happened I have no bubbles in the system at all currently that I can see from normal bleeding. the pedal is still very soft and will take about three pumps to harden up and get back to what I recall was normal braking. it will last for a very short time 1min max and then go back to me having to pump the brakes a few times to get them feeling solid again.
bmxbang is offline   Reply With Quote