View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 11:59 PM   #3039
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I just went out to clear out the garage and move my Gran Sport back in there for the night. I was going to move my "rack" over leaving it in there with the springs hanging on it. I moved it a bit and the tubing I used to hang the springs on bent in half with the springs falling down on the floor and me! I was VERY lucking in that I was not hurt and the springs weren't hurt much, few spots of primer scratched, not a big deal, got to keep telling myself they are just undercarriage parts on what will be a daily driver.

I am just so thankful I didn't put them in there with the Gran Sport next to it and had those springs fall on it!

I don't know if I mentioned it but when installing the studs in the hubs I was hitting a half inch impact socket with a sledge hammer. I was holding the socket with vice grips, on one of the studs the sucker flew off the vice grip and hit my Gran Sports door! It put a little ding and what I thought was a chip. This door has three flaws that have happened in the driveway and garage! CRAP. Well the good news is I pulled the car out today and just took it for a little drive and I couldn't find the ding, I searched and searched with the car outside in the sun and couldn't find it. I know it's there but at least it's so small I couldn't even find it.

That makes me feel much better and I won't be waking up tonight thinking about it.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote