View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 04:34 PM   #20
cornerstone

Re: Greyghost 1971 C10 l83/6l80E Build

MetalTek makes a nice product but ouch! I bought their $90 Gen5 weld in mounts off of eBay with free shipping... that seemed like a reasonable price to me. The new bolt in set with crossmember is $378! (plus shipping I imagine ). Maybe I should make a few sets to sell, I think materials would only be about $30-40. I guess their price is pretty good if one is not able to weld... I remember those days, it was often the limiting factor to many of my plans back when I was a younger man.

*Edit* I guess I was feeling cheaper than normal when I wrote this, I'd like to redact my comment that the price is high. It is a good price really. I just ordered the Metaltek trans crossmember, shipped to my door for a total of $159. Considering I spent a whole day off work to built one, and it still needs modifications to be strong enough, I will save my time and slap theirs in and feel confident!

Side note: I now have a sub-par fairly flimsy crossmember for sale. LOL. (not really, it will be used in some form later as its now in my scrap pile.)

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 05-01-2019 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Reconsidered my comments.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote