Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #144
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

All the body bolts in the rear snapped off right away under the wrench, the cab and radiator supports unscrewed easy peasy and I came out of it unscathed with no bloody knuckles. All is right in the world tonight. That went so fast I went ahead and pulled the fan shroud & Radiator , along with unhooking the heater hoses, battery cables, engine harness, oil line, temp line, choke & carb linkage. The column was already unhooked from the box but I am going to go ahead and pull it out of the cab before lifting the body off the frame. Oh yea, also removed the Ebrake cable from thru the frame and the clutch rod from the pivot bar. Tomorrow evening I need to pull my Herman Munster shift handle off and the column out and it "should" lift up and off. Once I get it up, I need to make sure body is balanced on the lift ( might strap or clamp it for added safety) I am going to lift the body up as high as the lift will take it and leave it there while I finish up the frame & drive train. Once the drive train is done I will put it in the back room covered up and get the rest of the body underneath cleaned up and a coat of POR on everything except where I need to do a little floor pan work. I am hoping I am not messing up, but the plan is to drop the body back down on the burb chassis I just got, with new body mounts, to do all the sheet metal work ( so I don't mess up the frame I just did). I never intended for it to go this far......really.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote