View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 08:50 PM   #4
kipps

Re: LS Wire Harness Length?

Quote:
Originally Posted by layinrocker65 View Post
The factory harness runs off the top of the intake manifold to the drivers side fender well. I would be willing to but it won’t be long enough without a serious amount of modding to the harness.
Agree with this. The fuse box and ECM are mounted on the driver's side inner fender. There's no extra wire to go anywhere else. If you re-engineered the harness, you'd probably find that many of the wires will reach the cab because you're using a different route, but some of them will definitely be too short.

To answer your question about how much to lengthen the wires. If you leave the bulk of the harness as-is, and just turn the main pigtail of wires toward the firewall, I'd guess you need at least two more feet to get the ECM into an out of the way place in the dash. That would be minimum, but I haven't actually measured.

I'm simply putting my fusebox and ECM on the inner fender, where it's supposed to be.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote