View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 11:14 PM   #232
NeoJuice

Re: What's going wrong inside my 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
I love how your engine sounds now.

With a carbureted engine, prolonged idling as you have been doing will make lots of unburned fuel come out the exhaust, especially with a cam like yours that's made to turn on at higher RPM. You can adjust your idle mix screws to minimize it, but I assume you won't be idling so much in the future now that you have your cooling systems burped.
Thanks I think it sounds pretty good. A long journey from where it started that's for sure.

When I filmed the video there was no smell any longer. The smell I was describing was from another time I had the truck running probably before this video. This time it seemed to burn pretty clean and no exhaust smell. I dont know if maybe it could have been some carbon build up in the motor that finally burnt off. The motor has only been run a handful of times after sitting for god knows how many years. Before I hit the road I'll get my buddy to re-check the timing and carb to make sure everything is good.

I let it idle for about 20-30 minutes because I wanted to be sure the fan was kicking on/off and the temp was keeping good cooling which it was. I also wanted to make sure everything was working properly and my over flow bottle filled up to about 1/2 way. Then when i parked it to let it cool down it sucked it almost all back in so I know that's working good.

Sounds pretty mean for a single exhaust IMO.

Last edited by NeoJuice; 06-13-2019 at 11:20 PM.
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote