View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #70
sircrunch

Re: 1970 C-10 Stepside Build Progress Thread

I got the engine running on its own, but it was just from a cup of gas on the floor. and i couldnt run it long because there was no radiator. So i first set out to fix that. I'm in the mock-up and testing stage sort of. I cleaned out the tank and installed it, put new fuel lines in. then put the radiator in, filled it with coolant and thats when i noticed a huge leak out of the freeze plug behind the drivers side motor mount. So that was kind of a set back. Fixed that up and refilled only to notice coolant was then coming out of the OPPOSITE SIDE freeze plug under the motor mount. So i tried to keep my composure and fixed it. The engine will start and run beautifully. In theory I could take it around the block at this time. brakes, trans and all should work. The entire bed box came in a couple weeks ago and I assembled it. It looks like i'm going to have to go ahead and buy the wood kit, bed strips, and hardware kit to mock this thing up properly. Is there any way around that for the time being? I ran into a problem trying to get the tailgate mounted, which i started a new thread about.. check it out here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=788564

Once I get a few more bugs worked out i'm going to begin aligning the panels correctly and then start BODY WORK.

Pics:

sircrunch is offline   Reply With Quote