Thread: Cheap Tricks
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #523
kipps

Re: Cheap Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Yeah, that push start stuff on PGs stopped after '68. When I worked at a shop right out of the Navy in '76, the catering truck driver was complaining that his brother pushed him for a couple of miles, but his truck wouldn't start. I told him that the THM400 never did have a rear pump, so he was out of luck.
I'd never heard that some autos had the ability to push-start and others didn't. I figured it was difficult with any of them.

Is the Ford C6 capable of push-start? Reason I ask, is because I played around with this on a '81 F-150 with a C6. I've got a substantial hill near here, and would get all the speed I could at the top of the hill. Upon starting down, I'd kill the engine for long enough to lose all power steering(thus I knew the engine had stopped turning). I'd turn on the key in the hopes that it would start by the bottom of the hill. It never did, but I typically regained power steering near the bottom. Was that just my mind playing tricks, or is it possible that I was on the verge of roll-starting it? Granted, this was nearly half a mile of 50+ mph rolling downhill.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote