View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 11:09 PM   #30
bozly

Re: Greenie the 72 C20

Great looking truck and story! We share a very similar truck, story of how we acquired it, general location, and I even replaced all the suspension parts about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if you're back on the west side but I am down in Sumner. Will differently keep an eye on this build and an eye out for the truck.

One thing you may want to look into is registering your truck as a collectors vehicle. I did this and put on era-specific plates and replica '71 truck tabs. Now, I do not have to renew tabs ever again. It has loose language on how you can use the truck.

"May be driven: To and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions, and antique car club meetings. For testing purposes. For the pleasure of others without compensation."

I drive and use mine for all sorts of things from random daily driving/ dump runs/ etc and if I was ever stopped I would site the above text from the DOL and said I am driving it for the pleasure of others without compensation. I have a coworker with collector plates on his true daily driver (old ford truck) and he has never had an issue with it. Anyways, just wanted to pass along the info if you want to get it looking more era-specific or just add a cool factor from when your grandpa drove it.
bozly is offline   Reply With Quote