View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 12:52 AM   #63
watahyahknow

Re: 1958 Chevy 60 Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
had a look in the gearbox and the covered it again doesn't look like anything that elbow grease and a steelbrush won't fix. the gears still travel on the shaft, or at least most of them..

with the cab of I could take a closer look at the brake booster. never seen a system like this, but I guess it works the same as a modern one?

I love that it's made by Bendix Aviation Corp.
the Master brake cylinder probably needs some work

and here is the PTO, driving the rear hydrolic lift..which is gone, so we'll have to find some good use for this.. maybe a tilt front?

at a closer look i dont think it is but it still be a good idea to change it over to hydroboost
I had to look it up but this truck has a driveshaft parking brake system..I heard of it 30 years ago learning to be a mechanic, but never seen one until now. wondering whether it is linked to the PTO? so when you engage the parking brake, the PTO starts building pressure?
good chance the brake system is a hydroboost system wish is actuaslly a good idea if youre planning to turbo the diesel
https://www.freeasestudyguides.com/h...ke-assist.html
at a closer look ....i dont think it is , but it be a good idea to change it intoo hydroboost

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote