View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #17
Ofnaman1

Re: '80 Stepside LS9 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88notchback View Post
Very Nice Build. Im preparing to do this swap with my 70 C10 and tko600 trans. Did you get away with the dry sump pan and go wet? If so what pan did you use?

Hows you heat exchanger and pump plumbed?

Its a dry sump setup. I used the factory oil pan, it cleared better than the ls2's truck pan on the original engine we had in it. The front oil drain does drain onto the front crossmember, but it's not a big deal. I also used the factory oil tank, it fit perfectly between the battery and radiator. I had to cut the battery tray and inner fender down a little bit, but it almost looks factory, which is what I wanted. I did have to cut a hole in the frame for the oil lines to run through, but it is far in front of the suspension and not a load bearing area. I also took the factory oil lines and removed the hoses and drilled and tapped the fittings to fit -12 an line to them. It all works perfectly, and I am very happy with how it turned out. It is not at my work right now or I'd take some photo's for you.

On a side note, I need to update this thread. I've done a lot to it since then... Boyd welding fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel rails and injectors, plus a bunch of other stuff.

Last edited by Ofnaman1; 08-05-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Ofnaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote