View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:01 PM   #133
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

hey gabe! havent seen your truck running around but I have mostly been driving beeps to summer gymnastics haha.

starting to finish up the things that would be hard to finish with the front end on. I usually bend the trans lines to mate up to the rad but sheesh its a real pain in the poker so this time I got some oil safe hose and cut and flared the ends. I flared them because no matter how tight you make the clamp it will always just sliiiide right off.

then I put the dizzy and oil pressure sender back in, I had to massage the cab slightly for the coil wire, the dizzy is clocked just slightly from square. no big deal, a few well placed prods and it has a paper width clearance. although I dont envy the guy who has to change the rotor, it was definitely an operation that included tongue angle.

put the interior HVAC setup back in, went right together like butter. stock S10 heater hoses!

made a nice template for the kick patches out of kydex so it doesnt get lost like all my cardboard ones (that are indistinguishable from trash in a dirty garage haha) cut em out of some 18ga, spot welded them in a few places, and seam sealed them. I will use kick panels to hide the ugliness inside, it was more important to me to have a smooth outside with nothing to catch water or grit.

more in a second
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote