View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Re: Truck parts on Craigslist ... search string?

I've entered the realm of listing parts on FB Marketplace and on three 67-72 GM Truck groups about a week ago. Worthless IMO. I haven't sold a thing, just annoying questions from people who feel they have to post something once they look. Same hollowed out meaningless content lacking chit that bothers me about FB. I list good pictures and descriptions and the replies I get are the one thing I didn't type because it's redundant. Maybe I'm spoiled by the well educated members here. No responses from Marketplace itself, just from truck groups. I list "88-98 C1500 styled steel wheels" and 15 x 7. I get "What's the bolt pattern?". I feel like saying "The GM 1/2t 2wd disc brake pattern used since '71". Another guy wanted them for a '65 Grand Prix till he realized there were no hubcap nubs. I list 88-98 2500/3500 wheels and 16 x 6.5. I get asked "What are they off of?". I answer "All 88-98 C/K/G model 2500s and 3500 single rears". I listed 4 things and right away get all these responses asking one question and then no more, and haven't had a response since. I've gotten "likes". Boy that makes me feel good... LOL! This listing only lasts a week before requiring a renew. Why do that? I think they are already all talked out. I just want to sell this stuff.

I still like Craigslist better. I enjoy the conversations I have with people who come to buy the item once they are here.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote