Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 05:05 PM   #15
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Yes, it does. I thought it was the frame, as it hasn't been rebuilt. Almost 40 years can do that, but I could see it and Joe gave me some ideas on how to check it.

So, I just went out to the truck and took some measurements. The sway bar is as close to level with the concrete floor as I can measure. I did it several times just to check.

Then I measured from the sway bar to the angle iron I put in the bottom radiator bracket, and it is level to the sway bar and to the floor. Next was the top of the radiator bracket from both points, and level again.

Then I measured the drivers side bottom of the grill to the floor vs the riders side, and there is 1/2" difference with the drivers side being 1/2" lower.

So now I am trying to figure out what to do with that. I can shim under the drivers side of the angle iron lower radiator bracket to make up the 1/2", but that will throw the radiator out of level. I don't think that is a real problem when I get to driving, but is it the right way to do it?

Also, yesterday when I test fit the running boards, it looks like I need to raise the front of the cab about 1/2" on the riders side and maybe 3/4" on the drivers side for the running boards to line up correctly under the cab. They line up well with the bed, but the front of the cab needs to come up.

Next time I work on the truck, I'll make sure the cab is square and level and then check the running boards again before I start on the front end/hood fit again.

For me, it's always something!
Build thread: "]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746899&highlight=wife%27s+48[/URL]
[/URL]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=840204
8man is offline   Reply With Quote