View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #1
Mykids69

Help with seat color

I have 68 C20. The seat had a blanket style cover right on top of the foam. The original seat upholstery came with the truck, shreaded. My problem is that I like the original seat color, but cannot find it anywhere. The pictures show an almost metallic blue, but I cannot find a upholstery kit anywhere that comes close. The rest of the interior pieces are the same metallic blue. I replaced the arm rests but the color is dark and no metallic in it. I also need to replace the dash pad. Any ideas where I can find this color?

The other thing is that I found a tiny shred of the build sheet under the seat springs, but it has a partial vin. This vin is for a 1970 1/2 ton cab and chassis built in Fremont! CE130Z...

Now the back of the upholstery has what I think is a date stamp of 10/67. Is that October 1967 or a color id number? what does the GS mean? Is this seat from 1968 or 1970?

On the hinge part, where the top seat attaches to the bottom seat there is 1 bolt on either side. There is a threaded stud on each side with no nut on them and the seat fold forward. Is it supposed to?

Any help would be great.
Attached Images

Mykids69 is offline   Reply With Quote