View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 11:29 AM   #147
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

thanks 8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Russ, really like the set-up on the headlights. Nice job with the deflector. So it this kedex, like a plastic, but different?...Jim
yes, like abs, but really flexible. abs would need heat to bend like I have bent this, and would have white stress marks. kydex is floppy, its almost like a plastic fabric, but it looks just like abs. I get it at a local surplus store that gets it from the aircraft industry. kydex is used in aircraft interiors and baggage compartments, its really really light but very high strength and like I mentioned, super flexible. if you have flown in a commuter aircraft, likely the interior side walls were kydex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert1957 View Post
How much of the S10 heater box shows under the stock AD dash?

Did you make any templates for future mods for the heater?

Thanks,
Desert
the line of vacuum hoses is just visible under the dash, and everything below. I was going to make a chipboard cover on the last one but didnt need it, it wasnt very intrusive to your view. the only drawback I noticed is that wiring liked to get caught in the vacuum mechanisms, I had to build a plastic cover so the wiring wouldnt jam anything.

I am still learning, no final patterns yet. I think I will use a 12V bilge blower on this one rather than try to adapt the factory fan again.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote