View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 11:32 PM   #319
Tikal48

Re: Harold's '48 S10 LS1 Build

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Not much progress in the past two years.

I worked a little more this weekend on the bed wood and side strips. I sanded out the bed wood and shot a few more coats of the sugar gold candy. I also added a little gold metal flake to catch a glimmer when its in the sun. I sprayed a couple of clear coats over that. I had a few minor dust issues that showed up on the final coat. I will sand one more time with 1000 grit and shoot a final clear coat.

The grain did not fill as it did on my test piece. I should have filled the pours before I started, to get the glass smooth finish. The joys of working with red oak. . . It still shows a little of the wood pours, but I am happy to say enough.

I bought all of my bed strips and angle strips at the same time and same place. I just noticed a few weeks ago that the holes in the angle strips do not line up with those of the bed strips. I had to cut them up any way in order to clearance for the wheel tubs, and all but one hole in each is good. I was able to install some rivet nuts in the stake pocket areas, and behind the fenders. This way I can screw them in place, and not have to weld them.

I finally shot a few parts with color. I was tired of looking at gray primer. I will add one more top coat and clear coat.
Attached Images

Tikal48 is offline   Reply With Quote