View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 02:24 PM   #6
SCOTI

Re: 67 c10 steering help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69chevej View Post
Cpp said to use 67 tie rods, my drop spindles use everthing stock exept for 73-87 brake components.the issue is that im using a 86 power steering gearbox and was planning on using the 73-87 center link that came on it, the other issue is I dont have the stock center link anymore but I guess I could find one if its easier to just use it. I see the adjusting sleeves that cpp sells were you flip a outer to the inner and vice versa, whats you opinion since it sounds like youve been here before? thanks
The tie-rod adapters are easier in your situation since your aftermarket spindles are spec'd for the 67 outers. The 86 steering box, 73-87 center link & inner TRE's should be fine w/the adapters & 67 outer TRE's.

My first go @ this was back around 1988 on my 68. I swapped in Western Chassis drop spindles for a 73-87. I used 71/72 outers with 67/68 inners & the 67/68 drag link (and original manual steering box).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote