View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #12
mygmctruck1

Re: dam kids stop signs arent sugestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That sucks! It's just not the same when one of our early trucks gets hurt. If my modern stuff gets hit it goes to the body shop. When my old truck gets hit I want to fix it and it becomes one more thing I have to take care of.

In defense of young drivers, I cut a kid more slack for such a mistake due to inexperience than the plethora of well seasoned adult drivers who do the same thing as their regular way to drive. They stop, then decide their odds on you being able to stop for them pulling out. If they figure you can stop they go. WRONG!

I assume you have never committed a moving violation, never overlooked a road sign, and were an expert driver the minute you were handed your license.
Actualy never been in an accident or ran a stop sign . Moving violation yes but that’s just a bit different than running stop sign. Besides my dad & the drivers training instructor drummed it into out heads about stop and yield signs. My dad pushed hard on defensive driving . And we did not have all these distractions when I was a teen , iPads , phones , ear phones . Kids are way to easily distracted now days . Rear end collisions and running stop signs are pretty common now days and guess what , mostly young people . I live in a college-town . And by the way I had my Drivers lic at 15 because family issues.

Last edited by mygmctruck1; 10-06-2019 at 08:44 AM.
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote