View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 06:49 PM   #13
damnyankee36

Re: any recommendations on brightening the dash lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
I posted which ones I used above in post 4...click on green or red in that post...hope that helps.
I'll second that company. I bought some on eBay, which were cheaper, but I got what I paid for. The base was just a tad smaller and they tended to fall out. The LED section was also not crimped to the base well enough so that when you twisted them into the socket the LED part would spin and not the base. The Superbright LEDs have a much better quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
I haven't tried them but I imagine LEDs will be much more intense than the headlights, so I've stayed away from them for that reason.
I'd say they are about the same to a little bit brighter compared to incandescent lamps. Even without dimming them they were at a comfortable brightness. It's the temperature that sets them apart. They are a much "cleaner" color. Even though you don't have choice in temperature in the colored LEDs, if you get a cool temperature white you will definitely see the difference. The colored LEDs are still vibrant.

Now the shift indicator was way too bright. I had to disable, (destroy), all the LEDs except for one to get it to match the cluster.
Attached Images

damnyankee36 is offline   Reply With Quote