View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #11
bigdaddy4x4

Re: "Dixie" 1988 Chevrolet V30 3+3 Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusedontheprize View Post
My next project is trying to locate where the slop is coming from in the steering wheel column. The truck has a brand new steering box (Redhead steering box) and steering shaft (Jeep XJ upgrade). I still have a small bit of play in the steering wheel side to side before getting a good positive response to the steering.

I have made adjustments to the sector shaft using the adjuster on top, but there is still slop in the wheel. I also have clamped the pitman arm and found the slop exists from where the shaft connects to the gearbox up to the steering wheel.

I am trying to see if there are any other areas I should check on where I might have wear causing this?
i hope you can find out some more info about your steering i have done changed the steering gears on my 77 k3500 crew cab 3 different times 2 times with brand new napa steering gears with no luck getting rid of the slop side to side in my steering the last gear i put on was a used one off 85 m1008 its tighter than the 2 napa gears i have put on both of the new napa gears and had heavy steering the used 85 one turns a lot easyer but still the slop is it . i am gona take out the steering colum of the 85 and take it a part to see where the slop, is coming from
bigdaddy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote