View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 02:44 AM   #12
cornerstone

Re: Pre-Start Concerns... Gen 5 sat dormant for 3+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Never seen your truck cornerstone, very cool man. Always wondered why no build thread. Fire it up!

When I fired up my engine for the first time I had the pcv system connected and I also accidentally left an open vacuum port from evap so when it fired it revved like it was ready for nascar race.... When I broke the intake back down later on I found fresh oil all inside the intake and the pcv valve was pretty buttery too. I am definitely thinking of using a catch can after seeing this happen only running for 30 seconds.... I think the pcv valve was bad so I replaced it too and that may have been the bigger issue but still...

Let me know what kind of catch can you go with cornerstone.
Thanks man. I still consider a build thread every now and then. I guess the reason for no build thread is because I just hate trying to come up with a name. Yeah- that's a dumb reason. I check in on the build thread section nearly everyday, because it keeps me thinking forward and gives me new ideas for what I've got coming down the road on my truck. I'm always looking forward to see huge progress and awesome creativity in others work, and thanks to you, MDPotter, Sprint_9, 87chevy, gringoloco, siggyfreud, J3rmOff, Beaterku, 1971Stepside, cebra, YBnormal, P7M89MM, trkfrk, roushinator, Metaldoc, lolife99, n2billet, 6t9camaro, 68 short step, Vic1947, Knomadd, LS1nova71, Grumpy old man, aboesec10.... I could go on and on. I do like the idea of contributing more if for no other reason to help the next guy trying to undertake this "quick swap"

I'm still trying to understand how to plumb a catch can, so don't hold your breath on seeing it soon.

Brian

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote