View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: Doing a lot of firewood lately

I know you know your trade. And I know it's a matter of how the contract was done. Back east where we have the rain fuel is not such an issue. In fact, in parks they leave all deadfall with nothing removed. It just rots away. I have come behind loggers to clear tops on quite a few farms and it's get in to where it was felled, cut, and get it out. Sometimes I can't get up to the work across a stream, steep grade, rock outcrops, etc, and have to move the cut wood to the truck. I have also cleared bridle trails on public land for clubs with the authority granted by DNR, where it had nothing to do with logging. Either way, it doesn't sound like 72CustomCamper's friend was anticipating blocked trails. It's another area and it may well be there was a contract stating the trails would be left open. Now collateral damage, that's not very good logging by today's standards. Skidders tear things up enough as it is. We have guys who are back to logging with horses for that reason. My grandfather was a drover.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote