View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 11:45 PM   #259
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
did a little over an inch on this one and coulda done 1/2 inch honestly, the arm limits on the wipe.

ahh yes, hello hubris my old friend. so I took a look at it today and decided even though I intended to build this one inexpensively that was no reason to take a shortcut, especially since I already knew what the problem is. so I took a wedge out of the gauge cluster so it would fit better

and squeezed it together to make it nice and narrow. while the glue was setting up, I *sigh* took the e clips off, took the passenger arm back out, found the little hunk in the trash I had taken out, cut it in half, and put half of it back in.

after that I put the old gauges in (for the hole filler), the new gauges in, and the rest of the dash pieces. just need the glovebox and heater controls and door panels and bobs my uncle.

I have it set up so the speaker /ashtray is held in place with velcro so you can take it out when you need to drive but you can actually see it pretty well anyway.

tested the auto headlights, work great. tomorrow glovebox and coolant overflow and the hood can go back on. I did the cowl seal today after getting the mechanism freed up, and routed the cowl drain to the right of the brake booster so any water wouldnt drip on the distributor.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote