View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #357
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 1967 Custom Sport Shop Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
...and finally, my C10 WILL be getting a home this year. I've started looking into tree removal (the giant lelands will have to go ) and getting names of grading/concrete guys.

My current plan is 26/28 by 48/50. Yes, I'm going to squeeze it out as large as I can. It will depend on how close I can get to my current garage (looking at +/-10' right now) which would leave +/-10' on my neighbors side with a 28' garage

For the size I'm building, I can't afford to pay someone to build it. I have 23K saved up and I'll be lucky if it covers the trees, foundation/grading (have to cut into a 3' hill on one side) and *maybe* the wall framing/electric.

I plan to have the grading/concrete work farmed out along with the electrical to the garage. I can handle the inside part. I will also be building the walls, buying pre-made truss, probably hiring a crane to help install them, then doing the roof myself. I'll also handle the windows, man doors, and siding. I will have the 10' doors installed. I think I might install the sheetrock, but pay to have it mud/sanded. Just thinking outloud. Getting pretty excited about it. Even doing it as I'm listing will probably set me back 40/45K. It's gotten expensive to do a traditional stick garage.

And yes, I know a metal garage will cost half and be done in a week, but I had to promise the wife it would be a stick build to match the house, and I will be ordering truss to utilize the center area as a bonus storage area.

I'll be happy if I can park a car in an enclosed shell by the end of summer. So with that said... aside from rebuilding the carb and keeping it rolling, the C10 is done for at least another year or so. I put the bed and all my good parts in dry storage.

My layout idea You can see why the trees need to go. I don't have much other options, I have a 50' easement on either side of the wires you see in pic below. The easement is almost only 10/15' off the back corner of the house.
Just looking through some of my old threads and thought I'd update this one. "A home for my C10" is actually happening. It ended up being 28'x52' with a 10'x52' storage area above the main garage. After my initial post I started getting estimates and actually pricing stuff out. 40/45K would have been a good guess for a 28x30 shop. I'm now going to be closer to 55/60K. Where I'm at now per the first pic below with all roofing materials, sheeting, exterior siding, soffit, and shutters purchased is just over 40K. That leaves electric, doors, insulation, and interior finishing. At least another 20K with doors and electric being the largest expenses remaining.

C-10 for scale:

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 12-18-2019 at 05:56 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote