View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #11
jeffahart

Re: Dana 60 front axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
2014 was last century as far as shipping prices go. Seems like double for shipping as a consumer. Have quite a few bulky heavy items I just cannot sell except local due to shipping. I was actually surprised shipping will only be about $200. My motor and trans on a pallet was around $500 I believe. The basic rebuilt axle is $2,800, they only charge for the gears if you want a different ratio because the axle is stripped anyway. $400 is pretty much what I have seen for a 5.38 r&p. Not to bad really. I will check into some rental costumes for the axle. My brother seems confident that he can find me an axle for under $400...…...I will see.
Oh, I see extra bucks for the gear set. Not too bad for shipping.

Note: Don't forget the inner axle on the older dana 60s neck down:
Front D60 Stock Spicer Axleshafts: Older stock Dana 60 35 spline inner axles (particularly pre-1980) neck down from 1.5” at the splines to 1.3" in the middle of the shaft.

Later inner axles (1980+) are 1.500” at the splines. 1.562" at the seal surface, and taper up to 1.625” at the largest diameter. You can upgrade by simply buying newer axles. Also, if you get a $400 axle you can do dana 70 35 spline stub shafts while you're at it. check out this link about the inner axle neck down... something you should ask Boyce too, if you go that route

http://www.billavista.com/tech/Artic...ble/index.html

Also, here's an old article that fourwheeler magazine did a few years ago about Dana 60 junkyard vs custom... in the end same price!!!

https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/t...s-dynatrac-60/

lots of fun choices for sure... if you have a few bucks to spend!

j

Last edited by jeffahart; 12-23-2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I cut my finger, that's why I have so many typo's. My story stick'in too it
jeffahart is offline   Reply With Quote