View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
mr48chev

Re: Question about ceiling on a chopped truck...

It looks like they riveted that band in and then welded it, meaning that you probably have a pretty thick band of body filler across the middle of the roof that may cause issues later.

Stock fiberboard headliners are two piece with a band that goes across the middle to hold them at the center.

There are several ways you could do it. None wrong but some might have better results than others.

1. Get a second band to put what ever distance you need it behind the one that is in the correct spot and then get a piece of the board from an upholstery shop the right width to fill the space between them. That would give you two bands across there a few inches apart though.

2 . make the whole headliner from scratch and to the right length. That would be a real challenge if you don't have something for a pattern though.

3. Buy a second headliner to cut a filler section from. Rather spendy though.

4. See if the guy who molds them out of plastic and sells them on the net will make one that is that much longer. I have lost track of him and still need to ask if he can do one 9-1/4 inches longer to match what I am stretching my cab.

5 see if your upholstery guy/gal has any ideas .
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 01-02-2020 at 08:33 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote