View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #260
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

Had a great weekend. My nephew flew in from AZ and took me to see George Strait, then we spent the rest of the weekend in the shop jamming on the '49.

We were able to get all of the jute down, and got the carpet all trimmed and laid out in the front part of the cab. I still need to finish the back of the cab and the "tray" area behind the seat. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and the color is spot on, for what I had in mind. It looks like a completely different pickup inside.

Carpet and jute came from Albright's Supply. Great prices and really fast getting it shipped out. I also received a postcard in the mail with a real signature on it a week later, impressive. I used their "ozite" Superflex carpet with no backing and 40oz jute. In its current completed stage, the pickup is definitely "quieter" inside. I'm anxious for our roads to dry up so I can take it for a spin.

Found a company in Holton, KS to recover the seat, I hope to drop it off on Saturday morning, now that I have a sample of the carpet to match the seat color.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote