View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: Unique trucks...

I think that '67 GMC deserves better respect than what that owner gives it. Pretty cool I guess, and that's the most I can give it. I see a much nicer truck behind the silly and useless theme it now has.

Back when I contracted snow plowing I ran '70 & '72 K/20s that were my everyday work trucks I'd have to adapt to plow mode and back every time it snowed. Hours on end behind the wheel pushing snow allowed a lot of truck dreams. I wanted to take a Blazer, put a 1/2 top on it, 8-lug axles, mount plow and salt (urea) spreader, and paint it like the state hiway trucks... chrome yellow with anti-glare black hood surface. They also always painted wheels gloss black with silver outer ring and lug nuts. The ultimate dedicated snow pushing machine. But I gave up contracting before that happened. This is as close as I've seen to my pipe dream
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote