View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #2417
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Thank God you're ok! I can relate to that highway speed upside down backwards in a van feeling of helplessness...been there done that. I had nearly all of my worldly possessions in the van while moving to Texas, most of which scattered yard sale style nearly 100 yards down the Pennsylvania road including a 600cc Yamaha Radian, 2 guitars, a giant bass amp and cabinet, all of my tools, records (vinyl), and an extra set of wheels and tires... while towing my 69 Mach 1. I made it out with only bumps and scrapes and sold everything to the nice tow truck driver who cleared the road and kindly let me stay at his house til I healed up enough to hitch a ride back to Connecticut.
I hope the insurance company treats you right, unless you are like me and only carry liability on my work truck. Either way, so glad you're not dead Scott!
Brian
Thanks Brian, I do think about it a lot more after the fact. Worst/best case scenario for me is it could have been a one way ride home. God has other plans for now. I’m glad that I didn’t take anyone out.
Your situation sounds a bit more brutal than mine. Your tow truck driver sort of sounds like a “Good Samiritan” story that I’ve read a few times.
There were three different fellas that stopped to help me. That I think is encouraging to see folks will get out of their cars on a freezing cold morning to help a fellow man.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote