View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #5
Missyblue

Re: Anyone using original rims with disk brakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
It may depend on what caliper the outfit selling the brake kit is using. If it is a GM metric caliper aka 78/84 Chevelle and similar the caliper is smaller than the standard GM calipers used on the older full size GM cars and pickup or the slightly smaller one that was used on Camaros and Chevelle size rigs up though 77. That may make a difference.

It still comes down to what your really want and feel you have to have on it. You will never be happy if you settle for what amounts to second best.

You might borrow or scrounge up one wheel that is correct for what you want and use it for your trial fits and then decide if you want to pursue a full set. I've got two out here that I would give you for hauling off as they are worthless to me and are just rollers because the tires hold air. Meaning I can't see paying a premium for a set of those wheels there are still enough floating around if you want 15's or even 16's.

Thanks again and you are so right!! I will gladly compromise certain areas but this wheeel.and tire thing is such a part of my vision I cant haha

I have the 60's rim which is drum so can maybe test with that. Was just trying to be prepared.to put her back down on the ground once this mustang ii is finished. My rotora should be 9" and I have no clue on the calipers yet have to check it out. Thanks for the offer of your rind. Wish I was closer haha
Attached Images

Last edited by Missyblue; 02-15-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote