View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 02:36 AM   #343
TA_C10

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
My harness has already been programmed by Tilden, so that would mean I'd have to have it redone? Great info going on here. Sorry Stepside if we've hijacked your build thread for this.
Derotoreut, I would first contact your tuner and make sure your PCM is good for the transducer. Then as long as your good with opening your harness up to install those wires and pin them(unless you have that transducer plug available in your harness already) then yes you have to add this to your harness, and you should be good to go.

Now I say this because that's what I would do. But I don't know for sure, I have only spent a short time researching this. I'm not a GM mechanic. I am however a systems engineer for an airline, I build automation for server systems and networks so I understand most of the functions of the GM PCM and in my opinion, anything that can be controlled by the LS computer is going to be better than standalone because you're going to have integration with these components and that's going to give you more options, fewer external weak points, and a better running engine overall.

The only reason the transducer wouldn't work is if your model of PCM either doesn't have that feature built in, or the generation you have uses a different set of parameters specific to a particular transducer module meaning it would be specific to year. Your tuner can tell you these answers.

But again, I'm no expert on this. And stepside, I apologise as well for all these posts in your thread. If you don't want them here we can get a moderator to cut these posts from your thread and stick them in a new post over in LS forum.

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 03-08-2020 at 02:45 AM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote