View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:46 PM   #2104
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3767 View Post
Really like the truck Chris. U went thru several changes with the truck along the way. Thanks 4 a few ideas I have for mine. My question to u is the holley injection u have. Knowing u are more than stock, do u think /feel the single plane design is giving something up to the ls truck/car intakes down low? There isnt alot out there that i can find on this. The few articles I have read have the motor in more race than street trim. Just wanted ur thoughts.
Appreciate the compliments, they’re never really done...

The short runner/single plane intake is almost certainly losing a few hp/lbs-ft low in the rev range, and the cam exacerbates the issue, but I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the look/sound I’m after. Really all comes down to what your priorities are. If it becomes an issue, there’s always forced induction, more cubic inches, or deeper rear gears to help make up for it

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote