View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #2143
SCOTI

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
No real drive time on it yet, still lots to do before she’s road worthy. From the little bit I’ve driven around the neighborhood, it feels really good, but it’s tough to judge without a proper alignment, interior, exhaust, wiring, etc. People who have bagged dropmembers rave about the ride/drive—this should be a similar experience, I hope.

Definitely do your homework if you decide to do a bolt on coilover kit. I’ve looked at a bunch and most don’t offer much in the way of ground clearance, and some of them are actually worse than stock. Tubular arms alone that will accommodate stock type coil springs will buy you an extra inch or so, mainly due to the smaller diameter bushings.

Couldn’t agree more. This was one of the determining factors in wanting to do a crossmember versus arms only. Somewhere along the way, I lost sight of that and instead of moving everything up out of the way, I brought the whole truck down...
Truth. There needs to be a happy medium or you fight the same battle. I like trucks @ a 6/8 drop that have the uncompromised drivability of one @ stock height. The aftermarket x-members def help minimize the compromises.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote