View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 10:22 AM   #2145
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Thanks for info, Chris. Right now, I'm on standbye with doing any upgrades. Just trying to get intel from people that have actually installed coil overs. I have a few friends locally that are enjoying theirs. However, they dropped a ton of cash on the parts...
Stay safe out there bud.
Take a look at the CPP front kit. They seem to have addressed the ground clearance problem that other coilover kits have. Typically, the coilover is long, due to construction using an upper and lower hat on the shock body, which forces the lower arm to have a pocket or bracket hanging down. CPP moves the upper spring hat to the crossmember, while keeping the lower adjustable hat on the shock body. Really it’s more like a strut setup than a traditional coilover, but takes care of the packaging dilemma handily.

Out back, I really like the adjustability of the QA1 setup and the outboard mounting of the coilovers is inherently more stable and allows for longer shocks than an inboard setup.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote