View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #2149
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverter View Post
StitchMaster. Beautiful approach for that transition.
Are you using rolocs for finish work ?
Thanks for the compliments, I spent a while thinking on this one before somewhat luckily landing on this solution. For metal finishing, I use a combination of 3” cutoff wheel on a die grinder to knock the heads off of the beads, then 4.5” flap wheel on an angle grinder, to bring them flush with the surrounding metal, then a 6” sanding disc on a DA to make it all purty. Rolocs, die grinding stones, and hammer/dolly all play their role as well, depending on the shapes and angles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doowoppwer View Post
certainly a lot of creativity. thanks for sharing. roger
Thanks Roger, I’ve learned most of what I know by watching others (many on this forum), which gives me the confidence to try new things. I hope by sharing that I can pass it on. Also makes me up my game, knowing people will be looking at my work. If not for posting here, this thing might be all bailing wire and duct tape

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote