View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 05:30 AM   #244
84blaze

Re: Project: Patina (1949 Chevrolet 1434)

I'm sure all of you have heard that Accuair is now out of business and any and all replacement parts are either very difficult to come by or have seen price increases due to supply and demand.

I was a bit bummed when I heard the news - A while ago I sold all my air ride stuff except for my e-level system in anticipation of buying a couple 3 gal ENDO-CVTs so I'd have a nice compatible plug and play system. Yesterday a local shop received their last shipment of Accuair products and were offering some of them at discounted prices. I jumped on the opportunity. I already had my grey cerakote e-Level set up so I ended up buying a grey cerakote 5 Gal ENDO-VT. As we were talking he offered me a warrantied Raw 5 gallon ENDO-CVT on the cheap! I plan to swap the guts of the CVT into my VT so I can maintain the grey cerakote theme. Although this wasn't exactly what I wanted it will keep me moving in the same direction.

I have my fingers crossed that I don't have any issues with it along the way. At least with both a CVT and VT I should have enough parts to keep everything working for quite some time. I'm actively searching for an e-level R10 ECU to have as a back up - just in case!
84blaze is offline   Reply With Quote