View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 07:09 PM   #48
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: Project Trippin Hazard

A few misc updates,
Finally got around to breaking down the frame to finish weld, prep and paint everything.

Needed a few supplies before I could paint, so I began some mockup of other items, here you can see me goofing around with the 14in, Baer brake kit from Travis at Pro Performance, (Yes I know they are on opposite sides.. just wanted to see both options)

When that was done, I turned some attention to the cab and thought about getting the initial American Autowire harness started

Knowing how one thing leads to another, I took a side step shortly after getting started because I was looking at the lack of brake and clutch pedal hanging in the cab and didn't want to run into any interference trying to hang them after wiring was started.. So I went ahead and got them in place as well.

thinking along the same lines, I also went ahead and did the Wilwood clutch master cylinder and bracket setup I got from Capt Fab
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=652871

This is a pretty slick setup for sure..

Hard to tell from this picture, but the alignment with the standoff is about a 1/6 of an inch off. A quick trip to the belt sander took care of that..

I did get about 80% of the frame and various parts painted, but some materials did not arrive so it is back to wiring the cab, taking into consideration how the American Autowire kit, the Dakota Digital HDX, and my GM LS3 harness will all have to play nice.. Makes for some fun!

More to come,
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote